- I thought it would be funny if, in a movie, a normal, not-attractive couple holding hands walks by and the protagonist yells, “get a room!!!”
- I recommended four things for the Rumpus, Stephen Elliott’s pre-launch internet magazine.
- I ran across the following passage in Geoff Dyer’s Out of Sheer Rage, which I found esp. interesting in light of my earlier thoughts on Flaubert’s Parrot:
- Some things mentioned at lunch that I’d like to remember:
- André Schiffrin’s The Business of Books
- Macedonio Fernández’s Museo de la Novela de la Eterna