- a new website about books. bo-ring!!!
- my dad posted some photos of me on facebook. is this ok?
- my career as a long-distance runner has ended, because I destroyed my knees by attempting to run a half-marathon while eating a super burrito al pastor every six miles. oh well; now I’m a “cyclist”. am thinking about selling my $50 mtn bike and buying a $50 road bike. lemme know
- new artforum has a pretty great conversation b/w cory arcangel and dara birnbaum. I was particularly interested in their conversation about “obsolescence” — things that culture lays aside, like NES cartridges, that are supposedly obsolescent, that the artist (or someone else) can then pick up and make alive/vital/relevant again.
- also nice to see another oberlin dude (cory was class of… ’99? and wasn’t jacob ciocci there around the same time?) in the same issue of artforum: Stefan Tcherepnin’s Top Ten! I find it annoying when other people talk about college in this way. Oberlin is special.