- dog-eared free-book bin score: Beck & Al Hansen: Playing with Matches. I still don’t understand how this free bin can sustain so much bounty. Dog Eared should sell this stuff on eBay. “Wow”
- food diary: tuna sandwich, huge burrito, cup of coffee, still smoking.
- going to see Krapp’s Last Tape tonight. Would rather stay home and watch Twin Peaks.
- I read the Calvin Tompkins profile of Bruce Nauman in “The New Yorker,” a weekly culture and politics magazine I subscribe to. I would like to have a huge Susan Rothenberg painting in my living room, if I had a living room. I found Rothenberg’s description of their marriage (“I don’t think I’ll ever know Bruce, but he’s mine, and he’s a beauty”) to be “gnarly” and “interesting.” This is what “good critical thinking” looks like.
- There was a nice photo of a woman’s butt illustrating the Craig Raine story I didn’t read.
- Thanks so much. Bye now!!!
- UPDATE: I missed the play due to schedule-frittering! Whoops! I also read the Craig Raine story! The butt is an appropriate illustration for the story because the story is about a horny Polish professor who is cheating on his wife! He mentions several times the smell of her “genitals”! So the New Yorker art director was tasked with finding a sufficiently ‘pungent’ photograph of a sufficiently sexy, potentially Polish genital-area! They succeeded!! Though perhaps unfairly I assume Kenro Izu photographed a Japanese butt, and not a Polish butt? Is it OK for me to assume that? Let me know, thanks,